Brian Black

Visit the main website at brianblackphoto.com


headshot1


I am an international lifestyle photojournalist...in other words, I love traveling, meeting people, and capturing personality and emotion in my work.

Weddings, portraits, commercial and fashion photography.

I strive for excellence and I believe you deserve it!

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Pre-Move Visit to Colorado



In June of 2009, my wife and I are planning on moving to Colorado. I'm going to continue Brian Black Photography there and she is going to attend University of Colorado, Boulder for her Masters in Speech and Language Pathology.

In November we took a trip to Colorado to visit the campus. The first few days we were there, we were in south Denver staying with family and much to my disappointment, there were no more fall colored leaves on the trees. We had missed it by just a couple weeks. Shucks!

Fortunately when we drove up to Boulder to tour the campus we found that some of the trees there still had some leaves on them! Here are a couple images of them:



The Campus is really a beautiful place. The "Old Main" building was built in 1876 and housed the entire University for 8 years. It was renovated in 1982 and is now the CU Heritage Center. I liked the old spiral staircases on the east side of the building:


We learned about Ralphie, the school's mascot and how he runs around the football field before each home game. In fact, the 5 "Ralphie Runners" are varsity student-athletes. I caught a sweet moment of a student sitting with Ralphie:


We had a great time on our visit and look forward to our first out of state move together. While we love California, it will be nice to have clean air, four seasons, lower cost on pretty much everything, and the Rockies (mountains, not the team).

2009 will definitely be a year filled with new experiences. It's an exciting time!

2 comments:

the arnold said...

While I appreciate all of the photos in this post, I aprticularly like the one where the buffalo is looking at the girl :)

Brian Black Photography said...

Thanks!