Brian Black

Visit the main website at brianblackphoto.com


headshot1


I am an international lifestyle photojournalist...in other words, I love traveling, meeting people, and capturing personality and emotion in my work.

Weddings, portraits, commercial and fashion photography.

I strive for excellence and I believe you deserve it!

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Trip to Huntington Library


I have a few things that need to be blogged! Maybe this is called blog backup? I haven't necessarily meant to stockpile these things, it's just that life has been busy with many things, which is never a good excuse, but I shall use it nonetheless.



In August, I had the pleasure of accompanying a professor of mine (he is the head of photography at Mount San Antonio College), Neil Chapman, to the Huntington Library in San Marino. We had a great time despite the poor light (direct sun in the middle of the day is not the greatest for flora/fauna shooting). Here is one of the many beautiful bonzai trees they had displayed in an area of the grounds.




There was a photography exhibit that we had both wanted to check out as well. It was called "This Side of Paradise: Body and Landscape in L.A. Photographs". I appreciated his thoughts and critiques on many of the images as well as his insight about the various photographers represented which he personally knew. We did manage to get a few good images in the buildings where they have sculptures and art displayed. I call this one "Take aim".

No comments: