Brian Black

Visit the main website at brianblackphoto.com


headshot1


I am an international lifestyle photojournalist...in other words, I love traveling, meeting people, and capturing personality and emotion in my work.

Weddings, portraits, commercial and fashion photography.

I strive for excellence and I believe you deserve it!

Friday, June 13, 2008

A new day




After a pretty tough week and a half (personally), I decided I wanted to go out and watch and photograph the sunrise. Using beauty that God created to inspire me and put things in perspective.

Some people would go to a local park or trail for a nice view, but I decided I needed to see it from a really spectacular place. So, last night I decided I would wake up at 2:45 and make the 2+ hour drive to Joshua Tree National Park to watch the sunrise. Might as well go all out, right?

So it took a little longer than I anticipated and I ended up in a different spot than I had originally thought. I hadn't been to the park for maybe 14 years, so I did not know where a good spot might be. Maybe I should just call this a scouting trip for next time.

By the time I got up to a decent spot, the sun was just about to come over the top of the rock formations on the horizon. I was able to get a few shots that I am currently working on in photoshop.

I then drove on to another part of the park and got some other early sunlight shots.

Here are a few of the images I captured. Joshua Tree National Park is truly a spectacular landscape. If you haven't ever been, I encourage you to go there. I think a camping trip is in the future. Then I can have another go at the sunrise.

It sure was beautiful.

3 comments:

Troy Grover Photography said...

Awesome! Can't wait to see the other pics, I've always wanted to go there!

Anonymous said...

Brian...Dalisa's folks here...
Loved the pics of the wedding and love THESE too. If you have more..please post them...they are exactly what we have been looking for to put up as ART on our master retreat wall.
If you ever decide to take another trip out and need some pack mules to haul photo equipment out there....give us a call....we even have all the camping/backpacking gear!!!!
Deb and Bill

the arnold said...

I love Joshua Tree. There's a spot, I think its called Smugglers Coral that you can walk to with a small amount of bouldering and end up looking down 10 stories over the valley.