Brian Black

Visit the main website at brianblackphoto.com


headshot1


I am an international lifestyle photojournalist...in other words, I love traveling, meeting people, and capturing personality and emotion in my work.

Weddings, portraits, commercial and fashion photography.

I strive for excellence and I believe you deserve it!

Saturday, March 8, 2008

Hooray!

Brian Black Photography has it's website up and I have to say, I like it quite a bit. I hope you do too. I have to give a big thanks to Steffan Snodgrass for designing the logo and site. You should check out his company Blue Ember Creations.

My birthday is March 9 (tomorrow) and having the website up with some of my pictures is kind of like a birthday present. It is really nice to see it all come together. It is just the beginning!

You might be wondering (or maybe not) what I asked for for my birthday. Well, many photography related things. Mostly money towards a good tripod. Right now I think my choice is a Feisol 3442 for the legs and a Markins M10 ballhead. There are quite a few good comments on this combination on the Nikonians forums.

Feisol is a Taiwan company that makes carbon fiber tripods for less than the Gitzo's. I'm sure the quality is not quite as good, but the price difference for equivalent features is pretty substantial. If I decide to get this, I will post a review here.

Another request was one of Steve McCurry's books. I love his work.

That is it for today. Let me know what you think of it!

brianblackphoto.com

No comments: